Developers are now responsible for Street Works.
The legislation now dictates that it is the responsibility of the Developer to provide the underground infrastructure where no network currently exists in the street or where existing network is not compatible with the NBN fibre network. If we have provided you with a quote on your site then you can consider it assessed. We have been informed by NBN reps that you will experience delays if you don’t proceed and failure to comply will result in an incomplete NBN application, no council subdivision or final connections.
MCS quoted works may include some or all of the following items:
- NBN Site-Specific AutoCAD Design & Approval
- Inclusive of all Excavations – Under Ground Boring – Soil Reinstatement
- Breakout of pavement – Breakout of driveways – Breakout of Roadways if required
- Removal & Disposal of Asbestos Telecommunications Pits as required
- Traffic Management If Deemed Necessary to carry out works in street
- Draft and submit NBN Asbuilt Plan as required for Practical Completion
All works are carried out in accordance with: -NBN-TE-CTO-194: New developments deployment of the nbn™ pit and conduit access network-NBN-DES-STD-0011: Preparation and Installation Guide – SDUs and MDUs -G645:2017 Communications Alliance Ltd: Fibre-ready Pit and Pipe Specifications for Real Estate Development Projects.